Sr. Project Manager
201 South Orange Avenue Suite 1100 Orlando, Florida 32801 | Contract
Tews Company has an immediate need for an experienced Project Manager. We are looking for a candidate that has experience managing large deployment projects.
- Communicate and assist IT project managers and teams across all areas of the organization on the best use of project management discipline, methodology, tools leveraging industry best practices.
- Manage overall coordination of IT application development projects, from planning through implementation, setting project scope, priorities, resource, deadlines and deliverable schedules
- Maintain excellent communication with your supervisor and other peer Project Managers escalating open issues as appropriate.
- Participate in the development, publication, and communication of all company project management methodology, policies, and standards based on industry-leading best practices
- Effectively communicate the administration of project management best practices throughout the organization by establishing a consistent framework, processes, and tools and evaluating results after a project’s implementation to capture area’s to improve the PMO best practices
- Collaborate and consider input from all IT teams in the development and implementation of standards, common tools, and the Project Management Office’s methodology
- Develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training
- Facilitate status reporting across multiple programs, projects, and business functions ensuring the effective tracking and communication of project status and metrics to IT and business leadership
- Plan duties for various contributors based on capabilities and overall capacity while facilitating discussions and consensus amongst various project stakeholders
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
- Manage and track projects up to million dollars project, including internal and external costs
- Administer stage-gating and mid-project reviews on select projects
Significant knowledge and experience with:
- Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Microsoft Project, Project Server, Sharepoint
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations supporting business and IT professionals, working with a customer service mindset
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with external vendors / resources to meet the goal of the business unit
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in information technology related discipline or equivalent from accredited college or university (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Required: At least 8+ years of work experience in an IT environment with at least 3 years in leadership roles