Sr. Oracle DBA
17469 West Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 34787 | Direct Hire
TEWS is representing a client based in Orlando to recruit a Senior level Oracle Database Administrator. This is a full-time role for an organization with a great company culture. The Senior Oracle DBA supports all transactional and data warehouse environments for Oracle databases while ensuring their performance, availability, scalability, and security.
- Provide a strategic database direction for the organization
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made will affect physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space, and access method).
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance for performance tuning.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Provide trend analysis to service management to enable informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Data extraction, transformation, and loading creation, maintenance, and automation (ETL).
- Escalation of problems to Oracle Support team and third parties as appropriate.
- Improve and maintain the databases, including rollouts and upgrades.
- Interact with developers in the design of their applications so they run efficiently and effectively.
- Analyzes and optimizes Oracle configurations. Sets Oracle parameters to optimal values to maximize database performance. Determines appropriate locations for all Oracle files.
- Determine and implement optimal hardware configuration for the databases. Recommend purchase of appropriate hardware, and troubleshoot problems with hardware.
- Responsible for giving technical users appropriate access to data they need.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves any difficulty related to the databases, and related software and hardware.
- Monitors performance of the databases, and related software and hardware. Available to resolve critical problems. Anticipates and preemptively resolves problems such as running out of disk space.
- Assures that the database is correctly backed up and periodically tests restoration to assure recovery is possible. Performs recovery from backups in the event of hardware failure or other loss of data. Assures off-site backups are current for use in disaster recovery.
- Builds data marts and data warehouse.
- BS in computer science, engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
- An excellent understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
- Experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading creation, maintenance, and automation (ETL).
- A good understanding of the underlying operating system.
- A good knowledge of the physical database design.
- Extensive working knowledge of systems capabilities including debugging functional problems and providing improved database solutions and performance
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- A good knowledge Oracle data integrity.
- Excellent communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proven experience in installation, patching and maintenance of all Oracle software
- Proven experience in instance components including SQL and PL/SQL.
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required.
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Real Application Cluster administration a plus.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Ability to perform operating system performance tuning and monitoring
- Sound knowledge of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne a plus.
- Experience with other database systems, preferably SQL Server a plus.