Sr. AP Specialist
415 West Kaley Street Orlando, FL 32
Tews Company is partnered with a growing constructions company looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis!
- Timberline/Sage 300
- 5 years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- Processing 1,000 – 12,000 invoices each month for the entire company
- Construction experience is highly preferred.
Coordinates accounts payable activities in a timely fashion, proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents, correct distribution to general ledger expense accounts, timely and accurate payments that make full use of available discounts, and proper filing and storage of records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Properly match purchasing and receiving documents and distribute to general ledger expense accounts
- Timely and accurately pay invoice making full use of available discounts
- Properly file and store records
- Enter high volume vendor invoices
- Prepare monthly rent checks
- Process check runs for invoices
- Manage the company's vendor billing system and update vendor files.
- Review invoices for accuracy and work to resolve discrepancies
- Answer inquiries from vendors, suppliers, and employees, and research discrepancies.
- Obtain Invoice Approvals from appropriate parties
- Request lien releases from vendors
- Review subcontractor certificates of insurance
- Process credit applications
- Weekly Manage & Review A/P cash requirements
- Review and code G&A A/P invoices
- Enter Credit Card transactions into Accounting Software
- Month End and Year End Closing, including 1099s
- Prepare Wire Transfers
- Assist in setting up new utility accounts and/or housing
- Research historical data for Estimating/PMs
- Additional duties as assigned
APPLY TODAY!!!! Visit our website tewscompany.com for all accounting positions!