Senior Staff Accountant
1800 Pembrook Dr. - Suite 300 Orlando, FL 32810
We are seeking a Senior Staff Accountant for a contract position with our client located in Maitland, FL.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong Excel skills (will be doing v look-ups)
- At least three plus years of working experience with significant accounting responsibilities
- Awareness of business trends and familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- MS Great Plains/Dynamics experience preferred
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine and analyze monthly financial statements and its accounting records.
- Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, variances to forecast and budget.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses.
- Perform monthly and/or bi-weekly reconciliations of bank accounts, credit card activity and balance sheet activity such as accruals, prepaids, intercompany, etc.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Bank reconciliations and various treasury functions, including bank liaison and cash flow management between various bank accounts and entities.
- Assist with annual audits
Contract Length: 12-16 weeks
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30pm