4000 Central Florida Blvd Orlando, FL 32816
Tews Company is partnered with a leading education system in need of an experienced Senior Accountant to join their growing team!
This position is part of the general accounting team, responsible for posting and reviewing routine and non-routine journal entries in the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers; closing month and year-end accounting ledgers; preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations; analytical review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial activity; preparation of audit schedules and management reports (recurring and ad hoc); and participates in the drafting of the audited financial statements and footnote disclosures presented in the annual report as well as other financial reports submitted to external parties.
This position will support the accounting for capital assets and construction. The position has extensive interaction with directors, managers, and staff within various departments.
Duties require strong analytical and critical thinking skills, understanding of accounting systems in a highly decentralized and complex organization, knowledge of rules and regulations as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Monday-Friday, Traditional Work Hours
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (will accept Finance)
- Asset Management or Capital/Fixed Asset Accounting experience
- 2 years as a Senior Accountant (including preparations and review of routine and non-routine journal entries; preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations; and preparation and review of audit schedules and management reports)
- Large company experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Public accounting experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of GASB and/or higher education experience is a plus
- Prior audit experience is a plus
- PeopleSoft experience is a plus
- Health Benefits, HMO and PPO policy.
- PTO policy
- Sick time
- And MUCH MORE!!!
Apply today for immediate consideration! Also, visit jobs.tewscompany.com for more accounting and finance positions.