8544 Commodity Circle Orlando, Florida 32819 | Direct Hire
A client in Southwest Orlando is looking for an experience Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background and experience in accounting.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for compiling financial information, processing journal entries, reconciling accounts and analyzing financial data. This person should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP. They are responsible for performing monthly and year-end close procedures including preparation of schedules, reconciliations and reports. Must be able to work effectively with external auditors, tax accountants and management of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Review, recommend, and update financial policies and procedures, in conformity with consistent application of internal controls, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and federal, state and city requirements.Provide guidance to the project team and senior management, in the initial stages of the project concept phase.
- Participate in monthly and annual closing processes including journal entries, account reconciliations, and continuous process improvement.
- Record accruals, schedule and recognize prepaid expenses for key expense categories and capitalized software projects.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for review/approval. Post and reconcile wire transfers for bank transactions, deposits, fees, and sweep transfers.Be the subject matter expert in accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with finance and operations groups, providing accounting subject matter expertise for business transactions.
- Prepare schedules for and assist in facilitating internal and external audits.
- Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Outstanding analytical skills, and technical accounting, budgeting, project management, reporting, and financial management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to have a proactive approach to analyze and make decisions for productivity and efficiency
- Attention to detail and exercises due diligence
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including ability to use formulas and manipulate large sets of data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP required.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of investment accounting and asset management a bonus.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.