9002 San Marco Court Orlando, Florida 32819 | Direct Hire
A client in Southwest Orlando is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their thriving team. This person will be responsible for assisting Year Ends, Audits and Reconciliations for the Accounting Division. This very exciting opportunity is open immediately for candidates that have at least 4 years of a full cycle accounting experience performing reconciliations and who hold a Master’s degree.
About the position:
The right candidate will apply principles of accounting to carry out accounting and financial reporting task with the goal of assuring consistent systems of accounting internal controls, accurate and timely recording of all financial activities, report and analyze financial results of operations for the assigned business function. Specific responsibilities will vary but generally will focus on the Vacation Ownership monthly close and reconciliation process. This role has a great deal of interaction with the team and various other departments, acting as a key liaison on resolving issues with accounting processes. Outside of close, the position is focused on many varied projects, including supervising other team members.
Requirements for the opportunity:
- Master's degree in accounting from an accredited university
- Four or more years of professional accounting experience
- Experience with closing accounting books and records
- Experience performing account reconciliations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to learn and work with other IT systems
- Strong communication skills
- CPA license
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Hospitality experience
Benefits and Information:
- Full-Time, Permanent Position, Monday- Friday 8am - 5pm.
- This client provides a wide range of benefits to choose from; Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, LTD, along with an array of other travel and Assistance Programs.