3200 Lake Emma Road, Suite 1000 Lake Mary, Florida 32746 | Direct Hire
We are seeking an Senior Accountant for our client in North Orlando. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with excellent benefits!
Perform functions to maintain the business unit’s financial reports, records and general ledger in compliance with GAAP and perform special accounting projects and analyses as requested, working within the limits of established policy.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and assist with the preparation of month-end variance analysis on the Profit & Loss Statement primarily on addressing Labor and G&A accounts, as well as corresponding balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledger accounts and book appropriate adjusting entries.
- Assist management at the business unit or corporate offices to conduct research, compile and report on data, and perform other special projects as requested.
- May review and code Accounts Payable invoices and forward for entry into the accounting system.
- May prepare and file local sales tax returns and license renewal applications.
- Provide worksheets and other documents in response to requests during audit process.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a similar discipline required.
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in General Accounting required.
- Advanced Excel skills