Reinsurance Account Specialist
200 South Orange Avenue 1900 Orlando, Florida 32801 | Contract
Health Insurance company located in Downtown Orlando has an immediate need for a temp to assist over the next 6-9 months with the strong possibility of going perm. Person will perform the following duties.
Analyzes appropriateness of client company accounting statement information based on data interpretation, treaty compliance and industry knowledge.
- Consistent with individual treaty, perform reconciliation of client company reported accounting statement.
- Analyzes whether accounting statements are reasonable and/or within expected results pursuant to individualized treaty terms; investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Consults with management and recommend solutions when an issue requires internal escalation, for example, a determination of perceived and/or actual impact to business reporting and/or financials.
- Identify suspense items, unreported premiums, inforce and reserve reporting and lead problem-solving efforts with internal and external clients.
- Implement solutions within scope of authority.
Act as primary client company contact to investigate and solve complex reporting and variance problems.
- Maintains familiarity with client companies’ unique reporting styles, individualized treaties and other special requirements in order to develop and maintain productive working relationships.
- Consults with management regarding claims and/or treaty issues. Coordinates with a claims examiner to obtain a claim review when required by the individual treaty.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for your assigned treaties
Ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Compiles quarterly financial reporting items to include ICOS, experience refund calculations, client reported reserves, and medical stop loss claims data
- Provide requested information to internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Participate in special projects as required
- AA or BA from an accredited college or university
- 1- 2 years’ experience in health insurance administration
- Or, equivalent combination of education, health insurance/reinsurance designations and experience
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new applications
- MS Office: Word and Excel
- Internet and e-mail
- Professional written, auditory and verbal communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment and manage internal and external demands of position with only minimal supervision
- Ability to review and analyze documents to include client reports and treaty contracts
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to exercise sound discretion with regards to decision-making and resolving non-standard situations independently
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail