2605 Maitland Center Parkway Maitland, FL 32751 | Direct Hire
Tews has paired with a company seeking an experienced Property Accountant. Excellent direct hire opportunity!!!
Prepares monthly and annual financial statements for the assigned partnerships. Performs bank reconciliations and communicates with property staff.
- They must understand the COMPLETE Financial Statement; Heavy on Balance Sheets
- Able to adapt to change
- Need to take ownership & know everything about their properties when asked (or else know where to find the answer)
- They will be responsible for 12 properties starting off (for the first 2 years).
Essential Functions of the job:
1. Prepares monthly and year end financials and supporting schedules. Reconciles reports, researches and corrects discrepancies. Reviews general ledgers for accuracy. Prepares and posts journal entries for adjustments as needed.
2. Prepares monthly bank and cash reconciliations. Prepares any journal entries to post corrections. Communicates any discrepancies with property staff.
3. Reconciles ledger to trustee statements. Monitors bond related fees are paid accurately and timely.
4. Prepares minimum budget related schedules, verifies data to support schedules and provides accurate backup for additional details.
5. Prepares daily bank deposits for miscellaneous receipts and performs monthly security deposit funding and bank wires and transfers as necessary.
6. Researches and responds to questions from Community Directors, District Managers/Regional Managers, and auditors.
- Standard Benefits. Eligible after 90 days.
- Employees received Annual Merit Bonus and Discretionary Bonus based on company performance.
**Auditing experience, Full-Cycle Accounting and Excel
- Minimum two to five years of experience in Accounting required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices required