Property Accountant II
2600 Lake Lucien Drive 300 Maitland, FL 32751
Direct Hire- Full time Permanent Accountant
Tews Company is working with a large, reputable property management organization looking to add a Property Accountant 2 to their outstanding accounting team! This company has an amazing benefits package, flexible work schedule with opportunities to work from home*, excellent PTO policy, competitive compensation packages and an enjoyable atmosphere!
The ideal candidate will be experienced in performing the following duties:
- Prepares complete and accurate financial statements from reconciled balance sheets
- Review income statements activity including accruals and adjusting journal entries
- Analyze financial reports to identify and correct irregularities
- Monitor bank accounts
- Manage cash needs, cash disbursements, and transfers
- Timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting to the client
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Full Cycle Accounting Experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- General ledger experience and knowledge of GAAP
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Clear criminal background and able to pass a drug screen
- Must be able to complete an accounting assessment
The Property Accountant performs all aspects of property level financial reporting within Client Reporting. The position works closely with all levels of Managers, clients, and may take direction from multiple senior accountants/division leaders. A successful Property Accountant ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting to the client. This client commonly promotes from within the company for exceptional accountants with achieving level of degrees held or excel in their current role.
The Property Accountant will use sound judgment and due diligence in executing the following responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Property Managers, Regional Property Managers, Asset Managers, Portfolio Accountants, and clients on properties within assigned portfolio to ensure activity is recorded and reports are prepared in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
- Prepares financial statements for an assigned portfolio in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
- Analyzes property-level activity and financial reports to identify and correct irregularities as well as ensure accurate representation of the property’s operational and financial position.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, but they can work remotely 2 days per week or work a flex schedule (for example, 4 9-hour shifts per week) *after 6 months of employment.
Company Benefits and Salary:
This client offers a very reasonable health insurance package, dental, vision, Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending account options as well. They also offer 401K plans, and an array of other company benefits.