Payroll Specialist-LTT (8 mo.)
65 W. Sturtevant Orlando, FL 32806
Tews Company is working with a private, non-for-profit network in need of an experienced Payroll Specialist on an 8-month contract to join their top-notch team!
The Payroll Specialist on an 8-month contract will ensure accurate processing and recording of payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing.
- Responsible for preparing more complex payrolls
- Assists in running the bi-weekly payroll process
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of processing garnishments
- Maintains a good working relationship with legal counsel pertaining to the garnishment procedure
- Prepares and inputs entries for the monthly payroll pertaining to year-end.
- Assists in the quarter end and year end process and the preparation and distribution of W2’s at year-end
- Trains and oversees the work of Payroll Representatives
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of payroll regulation, benefit package, etc. to answer all questions from employees regarding payroll deductions appearing on paychecks
- Insures payroll tax deposits for bi-weekly and monthly payroll are made on a timely basis.
- Research and compile information pertaining to outstanding checks for the unclaimed property report filed annually
- Maintains expert knowledge in payroll system and s timekeeping systems
- Interacts with Human Resources and Information Services in the resolution of payroll related issues
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of payroll processing experience
- Payroll resolution experience (or strong customer service as it relates to answering payroll questions)
- Experience doing calculations for payroll corrections
- Steady job history