2251 Lynx Ln, Suite 5 Orlando, FL 32804
Tews Company is partnered with a leading logistics provider in need of a Payroll and Tax Specialist to join their growing team!
The Payroll and Tax Specialist is a member of the Finance team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll and maintain payroll information as required:
- Data entry for all time and attendance and personnel transactions such as new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Vendor transactions including, flexible spending, 401(k), etc.
- State and Federal taxes, including quarter and year-end reconciliations.
- Ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports including, 401(k), HSA/FSA deferral reports, etc.
- Reconcile and maintain time off tracking spreadsheet.
- Reconcile and process monthly medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life insurance bills.
- Process employee unemployment claims; Respond to requests for verification of current and past employment.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Perform compliance for unclaimed property payroll checks.
- Maintain integrity of employee data in HRIS program.
- Provide training for new employee’s re: access to employee payroll products for human resources, benefits and time tracking and respond to all questions regarding the products.
- Prepare for, and assist with, transaction tax audits.
- Facilitate preparation of transaction tax (sales/use, business & occupation, gross receipts, and property tax) returns for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings.
- File annual income, franchise and personal property tax returns and/or extensions.
- Research income, franchise, and personal property tax notices.
- Coordinate 3rd party tax preparation work.
- Maintain tax return records.
- Reconciliation of payroll and tax related general ledger accounts.
- Cross-train designated back-up administrators.
- Document workflow and work procedures, including developing and implementing process improvements.
- Prepare reports and conduct analysis as requested.
- Initiate correspondence in response to information requests or inquiries of a general nature.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Solid understanding of HR and tax policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills to be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and payroll and HRIS systems.
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Full understanding of the concepts, best practices, and foundations of payroll (meaning they don't just want a clerk or coordinator)
- Understanding of payroll rules and regulations (with regard to garnishments and withholdings)
- Experience processing payroll for a medium sized company (I would feel comfortable sending with over 200 employees)
- Intermediate Excel skills (please test and send results to Kelly)
- Strong attention to detail
- Paylocity (payroll system they are using)
- Tax compliance experience
HOURS: Full Time, Mon- Fri. 8-5pm. Opening is due to growth of the company.
Apply today, this is an immediate need. Looking for someone who can start ASAP!