13485 Veteran's Way Orlando, FL 32827
Tews Company is partnered with an Aviation company seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to join their team in the Lake Nona area!
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- 2-4 years of management experience
- Multi-state payroll experience required
- Bachelor’s degree (they didn’t state a preference for type of degree)
- 7+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in corporate Payroll or HRIS
- Experience with HRIS systems such as Oracle Fusion, Workday, Peoplesoft
- Kronos experience
- Oracle experience
The Payroll Manager provides leadership to and directs the payroll department in addition to setting goals, monitoring work and evaluating results to ensure that departmental, operational and organizational objectives are met and in line with the needs and mission of the organization. The role is focused on the management, implementation, development, modification, and optimization of payroll processing and practices for the entire organization through Oracle Fusion and Infinium.
Responsible for payroll oversight of end-to-end processes related to an assessment and review in conjunction with delivering an accurate and punctual payroll process. Proactively identify business requirements and develop solutions to maximize opportunities to achieve payroll objectives. Leads payroll initiatives via collaboration across all inter-related business functions. Operates in compliance with all legal requirements and company policies ensuring needs are being met in a cost-effective manner.
Individual oversees corporate payroll staff and works closely with HR Business Partners and HRIS team to design, develop, and deploy various payroll reporting and related deliverables. This role must have knowledge of core payroll practices, design principals, common integration and reporting requirements; have “customer” facing experience, and a successful track record of managing payroll solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Interfaces on a regular basis with HR Business Partners and payroll contacts in the field
- Monitors Kronos time data for import into Oracle Fusion Payroll
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
Compliance and Governance:
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Payroll Calculation and Analysis:
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Ensures that all payroll audits are reviewed and resolved prior to payroll confirmations
- Review payroll bank account deposits for funding payroll activity and deposits of tax withholding.
- Manage payroll tax function to ensure the accurate year-end process for W-2 production
- Review and approve payroll tax reporting function
- Provide support to the Finance and Accounting teams; assist with resolving open items and variances
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Manages payroll team through recruiting, training and development of staff.
- Maintains payroll staff by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Proactively looks at tools to deliver continuous improvement for the function
- Demonstrated ability to lead payroll teams and establish partnerships with business operations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Review and resolve payroll discrepancies and/or employee questions timely and accurately; take appropriate actions to mitigate future issues from arising.
- Liaison with the field HR team to provide support and guidance
- Escalation point for issue resolution
Influences decision making process by advising business leaders in considering options to address issues relating to Payroll. Review and approve requests by customers to modify payroll processes, provide information and make recommendations for system implementations and enhancements.
Interfaces with HRIS, IT and HR business partners to continuously review and modify payroll systems and processes to provide accurate and timely information.
Manages Payroll team. Assume a leadership role in relationships with internal and external contacts.
APPLY TODAY! Also, visit our website tewscompany.com for all accounting positions!