653 West Michigan Street Orlando, Florida 32805 | Direct Hire
Now hiring for a Collections Specialist in Orlando, FL! The ideal candidate will have a strong background in strategic B2B or office industry collections. Collections Specialist is responsible for generating and verifying client invoices, maintaining and updating client files This is a direct hire, part time position (20 hrs./week).
- High volume business to business collections (or relevant experience in the copy/office industry)
- Posting payments, adjustments, refunds, and credit memos
- Reconciling accounts
- Assists with coordination of audits
- Tracking past due balances, resolving discrepancies
- Devising and executing effective collection strategies
- Reducing outstanding and past due client balances
- Collections Specialist is responsible for generating and verifying client invoices, maintaining and updating client files
- Monitors outstanding account balances while devising and executing effective collection strategies daily to include developing relationships with clients, calling on the phone to collect payment, preparing collection related correspondence and follow ups.
- Maintain positive relationships and contact all customers through telephone calls, notices, emails, statements and appropriate follow up; recommend account collection escalation when appropriate.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience with phone collections (B2B)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office – including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- QuickBooks and/or Accounting specific software knowledge
- Experience with E-Automate (preferred)
- Experienced in processing and maintaining entries and accommodations in accounts payable, receivable, and general ledger
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Autonomous, detailed, and very organized