Human Resources Assistant
101 S. Garland Ave, Ste 300 Orlando, FL 32801 | Direct Hire
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources/People Operations Team. With initial emphasis on recruiting and on-boarding assistance, this hands-on role will eventually be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day administration of HR processes across the employee life-cycle.
What you would do in this role:
- Recruiting: Assist with talent acquisition efforts including screening, scheduling, conducting initial interviews, and maintaining candidate communication.
- Onboarding: Provide support on the New Hire Onboarding checklist including conducting background screenings, I-9 and E-Verify completion, scheduling onboarding events, and other duties.
- Benefits: Assist with New Hire and Annual Benefits enrollment.
- Payroll: Assist HR Manager with processing of bi-weekly payroll including pulling and compiling reporting and organizing documents in preparation of processing.
- File administration: Maintain employee filing system and documents accurately.
- Employee Relations: Answer general employee inquiries.
- General: Assist with other duties and projects as assigned – this role will evolve as we grow!
What you need to know/have for this role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or Associate’s Degree plus 2 additional years relevant experience.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on talent acquisition and recruiting a significant plus
- PHR preferred
- Base knowledge of human resource practices and concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, compensation, LOA, FMLA, ADA, wage and hour, and other employee-related practices.
- Positive attitude with reflection of company values.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations/individuals positively and effectively.
- Must be able to handle sensitive personnel issues with confidentiality, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Multi-tasker extraordinaire with skill in prioritizing competing work assignments.
- Plays well with others.
- Rolls easily with an ever-changing environment.