Human Resource Generalist
2400 Apopka Blvd Apopka, FL 32703
Want to work for a company named one of Central Florida’s 50 Fastest Growing Companies by the Orlando Business Journal?
Would you like to work for a dynamic company that encourages innovation, rewards collaboration and is revolutionizing the market in the Design-Build industry?
Competitive Benefit package includes:
- 401K plan with Employee Contribution
- Employer pays health insurance monthly premium for employee
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- 8 paid holidays
Human Resource Generalist
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards Software a big plus
- Prior experience in a construction or manufacturing environment
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) credential is preferred
Duties to include
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Participates in the annual renewal of cafeteria benefits plan, assisting the HR Director and other senior managers in negotiating a comprehensive cost effective offering of benefits
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists in the employee retention program meeting with individual employees to demonstrate interest in their well being at work and their employee experience.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Works with the Safety Department in areas such as OSHA reporting and compliance as well as internal investigations