200 S. Orange Avenue, Suite 2700 Orlando, Florida 32801 | Direct Hire
An amazing opportunity to work in downtown Orlando for our client seeking a Financial Analyst for their growing team!
The primary responsibility of the FA is to support financial analysis, reporting and modeling as it relates to the financials of the lodging portfolio and the company.
- Review and perform analysis on hotel operations and consolidated financials to ensure transactions are recorded consistently across the portfolio by our operators and are appropriate and in-line with the current USALI guidance.
- Assist accounting with appropriate categorization of hotel revenues and expenses within the USALI framework.
- Provide in depth analysis and reporting of operating results to Asset Management; including property’s non-operating expenses (taxes, insurance, accruals, adjustments, etc.)
- Work closely with various departments and staff, including Accounting and Asset Management, to ensure proper recording of transactions.
- Prepare and participate in various other non-financial hotel property operations analysis.
- Assisting with company financial model, including analyzing historical and projected financial performance, impact of acquisition and disposition opportunities, optimal financing structures, IRRs, Capex and the financial impact on Xenia.
- Effectively interact with external parties including hotel management companies, franchise companies, third party consultants, lenders, brokers and other hotel real estate companies.
- Demonstrates highest standards of personal and professional integrity, adheres to company’s policies and procedures, and complies with applicable laws, government rules and regulations.
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis and other duties as assigned.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, hotel administration or related field from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience required.
- Two to five years of prior professional accounting experience in hotels required.
- High proficiency in Excel (will need to have experience with v-looks up, pivot tables)
- Capable of learning new technologies independently and under pressure of deadlines.
- General understanding of hotel operations and the lodging industry, real estate capital markets and trends, as well as the important metrics that define them.
- Experience in real estate / lodging industry preferred.
- Macros experience
Benefits of the position:
- ?Competitive salary
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- 5 floating holidays
- 6 sick days
- 401k – Excellent matching and contribution options