Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager
200 South Orange Avenue 1900 Orlando, FL 32801
Tews Company is actively recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant for an international organization with exceptional benefits & work environment located in DT Orlando.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will prepare the quarterly IFRS reporting package for the organization.
- Collect and analyze financial data.
- Prepare workpaper documentation and schedules as required for auditors or management to support financial results.
- Work closely with internal departments during the reporting process to ensure amounts are accurate and reported in a timely manner.
- Prepare various health exhibits, schedules, notes and supplements for the annual and quarterly regulatory filings, including statutory Schedules H&O.
- Administer the task assignment software for the business unit. Projects, process improvements and documentation of policies and procedures as needed.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree is required CPA a plus
- 5 years related experience in IFRS financial reporting
- Insurance or reinsurance industry experience preferred – if not, experience in Public Accounting
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with Peoplesoft is a plus
- Experience with reporting/database software such as Hyperion (Essbase and Hyperion Reports) a plus
- Looking for someone that will grow in the role and then eventually take on more responsibilities in a few years