101 Southhall Lane Suite 400 Maitland, FL 32751 | Direct Hire
Tews Company has a excellent hand-on Development Manager role with a growing company. This role is responsible for planning, organizing, designing, developing and unit testing developmetn on an enterprise .NET platform.
- 50% management / 50% coding role to work with and manage and small development team out of Florida
- Manage team including mentoring
- Manage projects from start through completion
- Analyze requirements, and translate business requirements into product designs
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of applications/tools using .NET technologies.
- Identify areas of inefficiency and propose solutions for improvement
- Review business requiremetns and technical designs with a focus on long term stability and performance
- Develop program logic for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications
- Code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications
- Maintain, test and integrate application components
- Work with teams to estimate coding tasks and monitor progress
- Write technical specifications and other forms of documentation
- Enforce and maintain policies and procedures associated with effective and efficient software development.
- Enforce and maintain secure coding practices and coding conventions.
- Will sometimes be required to work outside usual hours of business to support releases without impeding access to services during usual business hours.
- Experience with automating unit testing
- Will be required to join an 3rd tier oncall rotation every 3-4 months
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience with C# and Microsoft .NET technologies
- Experience with Sql Server or other enterprise databases
- Experience with working with US and offshore development teams
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc. preferred