DevOps Systems Engineer
101 S. Garland Ave, Ste 300 Orlando, FL 32801
We are looking for a DevOps Systems Engineer to join our growing client in Orlando. The ideal candidate will have strong AWS experience. Excellent company culture and benefits.
- Build, configure, secure and manage Windows and Linux Servers in a virtualized/cloud environment.
- Use your programming/scripting skills to automate our server application environments.
- Monitor servers and applications with log and time-series frameworks/apps.
- Ensure the security of our production servers while maintaining the highest levels of security compliance.
- Build and maintain Chef Recipes, Packer scripts, and CloudFormation templates for application infrastructure configuration and automation.
- Maintain and upgrade Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, software upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required for best performance to cost ratio.
- Work closely with support to keep our customers informed of systems and operational data center issues, maintenance windows, etc.
- Provide support and knowledge to application development teams.
- Take shifts in urgent on-call schedule and performing weekly duties as part of Release Engineering.
- Ability to successfully complete a Federal Criminal Background screening and CJIS Compliance training and testing is mandatory.
- Experience in running production cloud applications in an AWS environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to document policy and procedure.
- Windows server environment proficiency (Active Directory, IIS, Windows Services, .NET).
- Proficient in Linux.
- Proficient in a scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash).
- Web application administration and release management.
- Strong systems experience and ability to learn new system architectures.
- Ability to work independently/autonomously and to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain documentation in format which is easily understood by its users.
- Additional skills considered “highly preferred” for this:
- AWS Certifications
- Building a Continuous Integration pipeline with AWS
- NOC or similar experience
- Cloud based Web application administration (AWS, Rackspace, Azure)
- Hybrid (Windows/Linux) Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Networking expertise