14693 E Orange Lake Boulevard Kissimmee, Florida 34747 | Contract
Tews has a phenomenal opportunity for a Data Architect for a top client located in Orlando. The Data Architect is responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing an organization's data architecture. Data architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. The data architect is expected to set data architecture principles, create models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, create diagrams showing key data entities, and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Experience with complex SQL Queries & Complex Modeling
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) is a plus
- Power BI a plus
- SSAS a plus
- Understand the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques. Conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and must understand what advice to give and where to plug in to steer toward desirable outcomes
- Depth in data modeling and database design. Requirement to be sound across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization
- Experience this skill extends to SQL development and perhaps database administration
- Create data standards around storage, access, and utilization of company data and systems
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture. Initiates, evaluates, and influences projects from the perspective of the entire organization. Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data, set standards for data management, analyze current state and conceive desired future state, and conceive projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Depth in established data management and reporting technologies, also experience in emerging tools, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data, and help to guide the organization in understanding and adopting them.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Proven analytical skills