2101 Park Center Drive 3rd Floor Orlando, FL 32835
TEWS is currently recruiting for a Database Administrator for our client based in Orlando. This position will be responsible for providing support for production, development and test database systems for our clients’ core business software. It will involve the development of software and processes that will integrate different computer systems and/or processes used by the organization. It will also include the design of databases, tables, etc. This position needs to be able to learn the needs of business along with the technical tools to achieve the department’s goals. In general, the SQL development will consist of implementing and supporting the latest features of SQL Server 2012/2016.
• Provides support for production, development, and test enterprise database systems.
• Implement databases with respect to organization, access methods and documentation.
• Analyze application database performance and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal performance.
• Follows best practices to ensure application database security. Perform regular reviews of database security and adjusts accordingly to ensure access and modification only by authorized users and/or applications.
• Implement procedures to ensure database tuning, capacity and future capacity planning.
• Develop and apply procedures for regular database backup; inclusive of method and backup frequency.
• Through regular monitoring and implementation of effective procedure, ensure complete backup and restore capabilities for database systems.
• Maintain database replication and automation tools.
• Proactively identifies areas of degraded service levels, recommends improvements and implements fixes to stabilize and optimize database systems.
• Participates in evaluation and implementation of new and major enhancements of critical business applications.
• Provide 24x7 on-call support. Works to resolve outages that may occur and performing root cause analysis post outage.
• Proactively seeks out educational opportunities to ensure long term growth for this position. Stay abreast of current and future industry trends in regards to database management technologies and application toolsets.
• High School Diploma, BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 6+ years of IT experience
• 5+ years of SQL Server DBA hands-on experience
• Experience working in a fast-paced production environment
• Microsoft Server Configuration and management
• Understanding of storage and security best practices
• Knowledge in database architecture and design
• Experience with database replication and data integration
• Minimal travel required
• Knowledge of ITIL best practices is a plus