Customer Service Rep
4600 Dardanelle Drive Orlando, FL 32808 | Contract To Hire
Family owned Lighting Manufacturer in Orlando has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative.
What We Need: An outgoing, personable and well-mannered customer service representative with experience working with customers via email and phone.
Required Skills and Experience
- Thorough experience with Outlook email and phone communication with customers.
- Capable of managing/balancing ongoing sources of busy-work (incoming calls/emails, frequent order entry, pricing requests, potential freight/product/warranty issues, etc.).
- This role works on a team with others - candidate must be capable of maintaining a positive attitude while going the extra mile to help their coworkers.
- Capable of developing positive relationships with reps and customers.
- Proficient with performing basic mathematical functions (calculating commissions, commission splits, quotations, etc.).
- Candidate must be willing and able to learn and understand company's product offering, including technical product details.
- Candidate must be willing and able to learn and understand company's manufacturing software.
- Candidate must be dedicated to excel and advance - reoccurring patterns of tardiness, personal business, etc. on company time will not be tolerated.
- Experience with SYSPRO or other ERP software platforms is a plus.
- Experience with quotations is a plus.
- Experience in the electrical distribution, construction or lighting industry is a plus.
Candidate will provide support in the following areas:
- Everyday rep/customer support via phone and email communication (sometimes face to face)
- Typical rep/customer requests: pricing/quotes, technical product questions and troubleshooting, product availability, product lead time, invoice information, customization capabilities, freight issues, damaged products, replacement parts, warranty details, commission/payment issues, purchase orders, etc.
- Following up on unanswered rep/customer inquiries and staying ahead of the problem.
- Frequent order entry
- Includes checking part number(s) for errors, confirming that the bill of material is correct, confirming that the customer is located in the respective rep’s territory, calculating and assigning the appropriate commission level to the appropriate rep(s) and entering the actual order into company's manufacturing software.
- Order entry is of the utmost importance and mistakes must be avoided, candidate must be organized and acutely detail oriented.
- Keeping the team on track, working well with others and wearing different hats when needed.
- Candidate will work closely not only with his/her customer service team, but also with other departments such as sales, engineering and production on a daily basis. The ability to multi-task is critical in this position.
Contract to Hire. Great benefits once perm. Starting Pay is $15 - $17/hr BOE.