5728 Major Blvd Orlando, Florida 32819 | Direct Hire
Our client in Southwest Orlando is seeking a hands-on Controller to join their team. Please see job details and qualifications below.
This opportunity comes with paid benefits for both the individual and their family!
The Controller is responsible for the day to day leadership of the Accounting department. This hands-on position will assume responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as develop and maintain internal control policies and procedures. In addition, this position has direct supervisory responsibilities within the Accounting department and will serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the department.
- Directs the activities of the Accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversees the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, treasury, payroll processing, fixed assets, and total payroll tax compliance.
- Oversees the activities of accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, reconciliations, cash reports, quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports, and check management.
- Performs all closings and issues thoroughly reviewed and polished financial statements consistently on time.
- Ensures monthly sales tax compliance.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhances the Company’s value.
- Oversees the external audit process for Store inventory.
- Manages cash flow analysis to ensure proper timing of cash outputs and anticipated cash inputs.
- Works with outside auditors to complete year-end audits and sales tax audits.
- Drives financial standardization, rigor and continuous improvement initiates throughout finance and operations
- Ensures performance standards are maintained to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Provides training and staff development with company objectives in mind.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA or Advanced Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience managing Accountants or higher.
- 2+ years’ experience in a position equivalent to a Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Multi-State/Multi-Site experience (Company currently operates 63 stores in US and Canada)
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Experience Great Plains, along with a variety of other software packages
- Possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, financial statements and government regulations.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to interact and develop strong internal peer working relationships.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and possess a hands-on professional attitude.
Health benefits for employee and family are paid in full