1000 Legion Place ~ Suite 701 Orlando, Florida 32801 | Direct Hire
We are seeking a Controller for a full-time, permanent position in downtown Orlando.
The Controller is responsible for managing the ongoing financial reporting operations of the firm on behalf of each client. This includes the review of periodic financial reports prepared by the Accounting Supervisor, preparation of budget, KPI and other management reports, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the client’s reported financial results, and ensure the reported results comply with GAAP or the income tax basis of accounting. The Controller is the liaison between the client and the client’s tax preparer and other professional service providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum GPA of 3.4
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience in private/public accounting
- Prior experience managing staff.
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office products
- Experience working in paperless environment strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive “can-do” approach
- A general and growing knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area, and a general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas.
- Regular client meetings with clients relating to ongoing WIP and special projects
- Review and analysis of client financial reporting package prepared by the Accounting Supervisor, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, ratio analysis and budget vs. actual, for CFO to review
- Updating client procedures manual on an ongoing basis
- On-board new clients
- Assist CFO with budgeting and forecasting projections for the department
The Controller reports to the Client Accounting Services CFO
Wonderful Comprehensive Benefits: – 100% employer paid health insurance – eligible after 90 days; 401k Match & Profit Sharing (eligible after 1 year); dental is offered at the employee’s expense (approx. $45/month). Vacation/Sick time – we offer 15 days of paid time off (start accruing on day 1 but can’t take it until after 90 days). Holidays – we have 9-10 paid holidays each year (number changes depending on when Christmas/certain holidays fall)