Cash Application Specialist
4205 Vineland Road Suite L1 Orlando, FL 32811
Tews Company has a contract to hire opening for a Cash Application Specialist near the Mall at Millenia that also offers a great PTO/benefits package once permanent!
This position is located in the corporate office of our client located in Orlando. The Cash Application Specialist is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate application of payments to customer accounts. The Cash Application Coordinator researches unidentified payments and works closely with customers as discrepancies arise.
This is a full time, Contract to Hire position that is available immediately!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, review, research, and post cash receipts to the correct account and invoice timely and accurately; Enter payments to spreadsheet and to company systems as required;
- Balance daily cash receipt files to lockbox totals to ensure completeness;
- Process credit card charges and post transactions to company system; Verify credit card receipts to the original record or request;
- Respond to client inquiries, investigate with proper parties, and make adjustments to accounts as required; Interact with internal departments or billing pharmacies to resolve issues and discrepancies regarding application of payments or outstanding balances;
- Monitor and review reports relating to accounts receivable to research necessary information to ensure that receipts are accurately applied to customer accounts;
- Review the aging to ensure unapplied cash is researched and properly applied to the customer account; Contact customer to address unapplied cash when account is current; Communicate to the Collections team unapplied cash on customers with past due balances; Initiate refund paperwork as needed;
- Provide administrative support to Accounting department as required;
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements; Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies;
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in business or similar field preferred;
- Three + years’ experience in Accounts Receivable or Administrative capacity required;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong organizational skills along with effective time management skills;
- Strong detail orientation and multi-task skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer focused; team oriented.
Fantastic Comprehensive Benefits:
Medical, Dental, and Vision for Full Time employees.
401K – All employees – Available upon date of hire
- The Company will make a matching contribution equal to 100% of your salary contribution that you make up to the first 3% of your compensation and then 50% of your compensation that you contribute between 3% and 5% of your compensation. In order to receive the maximum Company match of 4%, you must contribute 5% of your salary.
- Immediate vesting
- Traditional & Roth
Outstanding Paid Time Off (PTO)- Full Time (40+ hrs)
- New hire through three (3) years – accrual up to 120 hrs per year
- Beginning year four (4) – accrual up to 140 hrs per year
- Beginning year five (5) – accrual up to 160 hrs per year
- Part Time Accrual on a prorated basis for 24 hours/week and above.
6 Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day