1000 Legion Place Suite 1400 Orlando, FL 32801
Tews Company is partnered with a financial company looking for their next CFO! The CFO provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization and its mission as the executive strategy advisor to the managing partner (MP).
Reporting to and partnering with the managing partner, the Controller will play a critical role in developing and implementing the strategy which includes Risk, IPS, and SEBS lines of business. As a member of the leadership team, the CFO is responsible for the overall financial health and the day to day accounting function of network office operations, as well as oversight of the office’s financial growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to serving as the proactive financial advisor of the office, the CFO will be:
Focused on the financial health of the office
- Understanding all five dimensions of Holistic Performance Management and how each impact the financial performance of the office
- Ability to have a crucial/courageous conversation with any member of the office (MP included)
- Understand how financial and projection tools work and can be manipulated to deliver comprehensive financial plans to the MP
- Oversee the specialist programs to understand their value proposition to the office
- Manages the finance and accounting office infrastructure that manages the more task-oriented, day to day operations
- Accountable for financial analysis and recommendation of follow up action(s)
- Works collaboratively with managing partner and director(s) to compare and analyze current financials to projections.
- Manage cash flow to meet the office needs.
- Manage banking activities of the office, including the establishment and maintenance of a banking line of credit.
- Manage company finances including expense allowance program, NO contests to monitor the effects on the financial health of the office
- Collaborate with the managing partner and director(s) to identify opportunities for investment and growth opportunities in the marketplace.
- Responsible for the management of the accounting staff
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the office; audit bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Manage payroll and benefits activity (medical, retirement, cafeteria plans, etc.) for staff.
- Responsible for managing the computation program for the office, if applicable.
- Manage and maximize reimbursement programs with the home office.
- Responsible for the integrity of the allowances system and charges to the financial representatives.
- Educate new financial representatives on how their compensation is paid through commissions, fees, and bonuses.
- Manage investments in technology.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts.
- Work with an outside accountant in the preparation and filing of the annual federal and state tax returns.
- Prepare and manage quarterly tax submissions to IRS.
- Oversee premium in escrow activity.
- Monitor financial representative indebtedness and process collection procedures as necessary.
- Perform financial trend analysis.
- Responsible for space planning
- Work collaboratively with the home office to negotiate lease arrangements and other capital expenditures.
- Five or more years of experience in accounting, including financial statement preparation, general ledger maintenance, auditing, annual tax filings, payroll, benefits administration, and insurance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or better in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
- Experience in all facets of running a sales distribution office preferred.
- Strong personal code of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality, a must.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills. Technologically savvy.
- Strong management experience and people skills. High self-motivation and strong organization skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Team player and a positive attitude.
Apply today for immediate consideration!!!!