1 S. Orange Ave 5th floor Orlando, FL 32801 | Direct Hire
Tews Company is hiring a Business Analyst for an exciting company in downtown Orlando! if you're looking for a great opportunity with a tech company in the heart of Orlando, this is the opportunity for you!
The Business Analyst transforms business and functional requirements into detailed specifications for consumption by Engineering. Working closely with the Chief Product Officer, this position helps to define and document business requirements for products and services. This position additionally works with developers to clarify requirements, document use-cases, review system requirements and development deliverables, and assists with testing protocols.
- Takes initiative and digs into applications, process, system relationships, data, and business needs.
- Works with SMEs and business community to understand the overall vision for a project, and interprets documents that vision in the form of business requirements and specifications.
- Develops deep understanding of current systems and processes and analyzes the impact of changes as new solutions are introduced to the environment. Works with SMEs to analyze issues and defects and to propose changes, solutions, and workarounds.
- Responsible for ensuring specifications are complete, comprehensive, technically feasible, in alignment with system capabilities, conform with IT and regulatory standards, and follow consistent documentation practices.
- Documents technical designs, tracks requirement deliverables, and assists in preparation of use-cases. Assists development team in the execution of formal testing and oversees approval for user acceptance plans.
- Additionally contributes to feasibility studies, Statement of Work (SOW) and RFP/RFI responses, certifications, audits, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience writing traditional business requirements documents; Applicants will be asked to demonstrate skills by completing a requirements scenario. Prior work samples will be helpful.
- Bachelor degree and CBAP preferred. A combination of education and work experience may meet requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in IT.
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis, process reengineering, and project management.
- Working knowledge of business processes and systems, programming and systems analysis procedures, project techniques and practices.
- Expert using MS Office (Excel, Visio, Project) and a high-degree of proficiency performing general data mining activities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment to drive consensus and determine outcomes
- Polished executive presence and effective leadership skills; professional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Willingness to work beyond regular office hours when needed; limited travel may be required.
- Experience with payments processing including ACH and credit card processing highly desired, but not mandatory. Relevant technical expertise may meet requirements.