2251 Lynx Dr Orlando, Florida 32804 | Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst to join their growing team. The Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, be they external customers or internal end-users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle. This position requires excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are created according to specifications and delivered according to plan.
- Collaborate with all stake holders, including but not limited to customers, internal or external knowledge holders and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements and develop any necessary phasing.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards the continuous improvement of the requirements process.
- Become an expert on internal systems and research and recommend innovation to drive these systems forward.
- Manage projects from inception to delivery.
- Train internal and external system users.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems and 5+ years related work experience.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Clear understanding of product management and market placement.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software or other project facilitation tools.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.