200 South Orange Avenue 1900 Orlando, Florida 32801 | Contract
We are seeking a Budget Analyst/ Project Accountant to assist our client for a 3-month contract in downtown Orlando. This role is supporting the Budget and Cost Accounting Manager in the preparation and consolidation of the company’s management expenses budgets and forecasts. Provide suggestions for improving the efficiency of the budget and forecast process for management expenses.
Project Accountant role:
Responsible for intercompany billings and collections for non-technical services performed and expenses incurred by HLR US on behalf of the Home Office and other affiliates. Identify opportunities for process improvements on inter-company billings between HLR US and the Home Office.
Budget Analyst - Management Expenses Budgets, Forecasts, and Cost Controlling Reporting
- Update the management expenses reporting deadlines schedule including when each task is completed.
- Schedule various management expenses review meetings on behalf of the Budget and Cost Accounting Manager.
- Prepare various budget and cost reports along with analytical reviews requested by the Budget and Cost Accounting Manager.
- Assist the Budget and Cost Accounting Manager in updating the management expenses planning process and procedures.
Project Accountant - Intercompany Billings for Non-Technical Services and Project Work
- Prepare and distribute the ICT deadlines for IT and enterprise projects funded by the Home Office to all project managers and designated time collectors.
- Prepare intercompany billings for non-IT services, project work and third party costs incurred by HLR US on behalf of the Home Office and other Hannover affiliates.
- Send reminder notices or make collection calls for any non-technical intercompany amounts owed to/due from HLR US.
- Prepare various project revenue and expense reimbursement reports.
- Prepare journal entries to reclassify project expenses when applicable.
35-hour operational hours (office closes at 1 pm on Fridays)
- Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least three years of overall experience in general budgeting and accounting.
- MS Excel proficient (including exporting, importing, complex linking and pivot tables)
- PowerPlan (Budgeting Software)
- PeopleSoft (Accounting Software used for A/P and G/L)
- Concur (Online Travel and Expense Reporting System)
- General understanding of STAT, GAAP and IFRS accounting.