100 Colonial Center Pkwy Suite 400 Lake Mary, Florida 32746 | Direct Hire
We just partnered with a client located in Lake Mary who is seeking an Assistant Controller to help manage a staff of 5. This company offers 2 weeks of vacation to their full time employees!
- Support all aspects of accounting management (revenue recognition, cash and balance sheet account reconciliations including payroll accounts, financial reporting, Billing, AP, state & local registrations, tax notices,)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Prepare and manage journal entries
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management.
- Review the company's accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Review fixed asset reconciliation and manage fixed asset data conversion.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies
- Creates processes, procedures, and work instructions for accounting
- Mentoring and overseeing the daily tasks of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience plus five-ten years of accounting experience.
- Proven experience in full-cycle accounting
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting and financial closure and reporting.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software.
- CPA designation preferred
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated superior communication and interpersonal skills –can effectively communicate with all levels of staff
- Self- motivated
We value work-life balance; so much so, we have a core value reflective of this: There’s Time for Work and Time for Play. We’re a family-friendly company and we recognize the importance of spending time with loved ones.
As such, we offer two weeks of vacation (10 days), per year, to all full-time employees. If hired after January, we use a formula to calculate your time off for the first year.
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) Christmas Eve & Day & Two floating holidays
All full-time employees receive up to 40 hours of paid sick time per year. Sick time is prorated based upon an employee’s start date.
PLAN FOR RETIREMENT
We want to aid in your retirement plan by matching a percentage of your tax-deferred 401(k) or Roth 401(k)contribution. Employees are 100 percent vested under the Safe Harbor Match.
From day one, full-time employees and their dependents have multiple healthcare options. United Healthcare is our provider of choice, and we cover 80 percent of the cost share for you and your family. A health savings account is available with employer contributions and voluntary long and short-term disability may be purchased through our provider at the time of enrollment.
Our dental insurance covers 100% of the premium for the employee with the options to buy-up and purchase dependent coverage.
Need new glasses, contacts or even prescription safety glasses? No problem. We have you covered with our voluntary vision insurance. For a minimal fee, vision insurance is available for you and your family.
Basic life insurance is offered at no cost to our employees. Additional voluntary life insurances are available for employee purchase.
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available during times of need.