2295 South Hiawassee Road Suite 402 Orlando, FL 32835 | Contract To Hire
A legal company in South Orlando is looking for an Legal Compliance Specialist. This position will support the whole office with projects and perform reception duties and minor accounting.
Essential Job Functions
- Reports directly to the Director of Licensing in providing department updates, training needs, work process suggestions. Works with Director of Licensing to implement streamlined processes.
- Work with Director of Licensing and Licensing Specialists to resolve high level renewal issues with a focus on implementing processes to avoid issues as a whole.
- Research complex licensing issues with licensing agencies, create and analyze reports utilizing Licensing HQ, Excel, and other tools.
- Manage the manager, agent, and officer registrations by reviewing weekly reports and provide direction to Specialists as needed with more difficult registrations.
- Assist Director of Licensing with researching and processing requirements related to client ownership changes
- Process and resolve licensing violations and requirements, acting as a liaison with clients and governmental agencies to ensure compliance.
- Ongoing updating of procedural manual for renewing licenses in all jurisdictions, including compliance requirements.
- Special projects or work on special projects as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including those administrative in nature.
- Ability to use independent judgment to resolve a variety of issues both over the phone and in writing / strong problem solving skills. Ability to make decisions with little involvement from upper management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and phone skills.
- High level of integrity to handle confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Ability to persuade and influence decision makers while maintaining critical relationships.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail in written communications is key.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Strong ability to work independently with attention to detail, documentation, and follow-through with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of paper work.
- Willingness to support upper management and handle a variety of tasks.
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
Required Education and Experience:
- AA or BA in business or accounting preferred but not required with relevant experience.
- A minimum of 2-5 years prior accounting, licensing legal or general administrative experience.