Admin Assistant to the Project Maanger
1000 Jetstream Dr Orlando, FL 32824
This is a Full-time, Direct Hire position - Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Company offices located in South Orlando - near Hunter's Creek
Dental, Vision and Health Insurance
401k with safe harbor and profit share
15 days PTO/year
8 paid holidays/year
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong reading and comprehension skills
- Effective, clear verbal communication skills
- Experienced user of MS Office: Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Reliable, strong work ethic
SUMMARY: Provides administrative support for the Project Manager from contract award through contract closeout.
- Copy and distribute plans and specifications to the project team.
- Setup job folders and files (electronic and paper). Setup projects in projects management software.
- Create and distribute job contract and emergency telephone lists for project.
- Typing, filing, scheduling, and assisting project manager with tracking of revenue, costs and quantities.
- Review the project specification and plans for all requirements of the project such as badging, permits, job site office requirements.
- Provide list to Human Resources Department of vendors and subcontractor involved with federal contracts.
- Distribute vendor certification letters on federal contracts and track to ensure they are returned to the Human Resources Department.
- Assist Project Managers in obtaining all required permits for the project
- Set up the job site office and utilities.
- Prepare owner contracts for execution. Request company bonds, insurance and if required consent-of-surety.
- Compare quotes from vendors and subcontractor to assist in the buy out of project.
- Draft sub-contractor billings, review vendor invoice for coding and pricing. Amend the project schedule and budget as necessary due to change orders.
- Create submittal log, assemble and track submittal data
- Assist the Project Manager or Superintendent with the administration of Request-for-Information; manage all correspondence for the project such as, communication with owner, utilities, engineer, or subcontractor.