Accounts Payable Clerk
4401 Vineland Road A15 orlando, FL 32811 | Contract To Hire
Excellent accounting opportunity in Southwest Orlando with amazing benefits!
Tews has paired with a client in SW Orlando who is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their Christian based Orlando office.
What are they looking for? They need someone who can learn quickly and who is very detailed.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Two years of accounts payable experience (200 invoices come in per day and their output is currently at 100 per day)
- Knowledge of standard accounts payable procedures.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and self- directed.
- Experience with document management software, accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Able to use 10-key by touch, with accurate data-entry.
- Ability to calculate figures, such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages accurately.
- Interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Excel (intermediate)
- AS400 Accounting Software
- Ability to work off of multiple locations
- Experience using a document management system
Responsibilities of the person in this role?
- Under direct supervision, review vendor invoices, check requests and other related documentation for accuracy and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements. Provide direct support to the accounting personal for processing day-to-day vendor invoices and payments.
- Match vendor invoices to packing slips, internal purchase orders and receiving records in a timely manner.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Verify accuracy of invoices; obtain appropriate documentation and approvals as necessary prior to submitting invoices for payment.
- Assist in resolution of invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with coding and entering vendor invoices into the business system correctly.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with one-hour lunch
- S erve Others
- H onor God
- I mprove Continually
- N avigate By Values
- E xcel In Relationships
Size of the accounting team?
Accounting Team consists of a CFO, Controller, AP Manager, AP Assistant, 2 AP Clerk, & 3 A/R clerks.
Dress code? Business Casual
Benefits? They will be rolling out their ESOP in September/October. They are currently in the top 1% of all corporate companies for benefits! They offer Health, Dental, Vision, Sick Days, PTO, and 401K with company matching.
Extra Perk- They bring lunch in every 3rd Thursday for all of their employees!
For immediate consideration, please apply today by uploading your resume in Word or emailing Emily@tewscompany.com.