2251 Lynx Ln, Suite 5 Orlando, FL 32804 | Direct Hire
Tews company has paired with a great company in Orlando that is seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the billing specialist, and the AP/AR Specialist. They are seeking someone with a degree in Accounting with an analytical mindset. Develops and maintains productive relationships with the 1099 employees and internal auditing team. Must be comfortable managing others and providing direction.
This a full time, Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5pm position with comprehensive benefits, paid time off, holiday and more!
Requirements for the position:
- BA/BS in accounting
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Must have supervisory experience and have successfully managed an accounting department
- Experience with Great Plains a strong plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (preferred certification)
- Master’s degree and/or CPA is desirable
Must be capable of coordinating/performing end-to-end accounting process through month-end close and preparation of financial statements. This includes preparation of a number of month-end general journal entries.
This position is responsible for planning and directing accounting activities within a corporate accounting department in support of efficient operations and company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all activities of independent contractor settlements and general accounting related to the processing of driver pay settlements.
- Work with the Finance leadership to develop policies & procedures related to the processing and administration of the settlement pay for the independent contractor drivers providing services.
- Design and develop exception reporting to improve effectiveness of the department
- Maintain the general and subsidiary ledgers, including but not limited to cost of sales accounts and operating expenses related to courier expenses.
- Provide timely reconciliations between our transactional software system and the general ledger
- Prepare various financial statements and reports, including monthly variance analysis to plan and prior year.
- Partner with operations management to improve local customer profit performance
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements (1099’s, Audit requests, etc.)
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Review financial statements with management personnel
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and payroll.
- Assist in annual budget and periodic forecast processes
Apply today and please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org