1350 Sheeler Ave Apopka, FL 32703
Our client in North Orlando is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join their team!
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of GAAP and prior experience with budgeting, reporting and financial statements. Must have a strong skill set in Accounting and excellent communication (both written and verbal).
Other skills and experience needed for the role:
- Working knowledge of SAP Business One required
- Strong Excel skills (will be doing vlookups and pivot tables)
- A demonstrated ability to develop staff and team capabilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- 7+ years of experience in accounting
- Cost accounting experience required.
Degree Requirements: BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field is required
- Professional certification (CPA) is a plus
- Manufacturing experience
- Supervise the daily operation of the accounting department, which includes general accounting, A/P, A/R, payroll, taxes, and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts.
- Maintaining and improving accounting controls as needed.
- Update and maintain the general ledger information. Reviewed transactions monthly to ensure accuracy of account balances.
- Researches Accounting issues and evaluates and analyzes financial data and trends; reviews and evaluates records, technical documents, and ledgers for accuracy and compliance to policies.