653 W Michigan Street Orlando, Florida 32805 | Direct Hire
Tews Company has a client seeking an Accounting Assistant in their growing Downtown Orlando office. This is a full-time, permanent role that supports the Controller. This is a great opportunity for someone with approximately two or more years of experience and/or a Bachelor's degree in Accounting looking for a fun, challenging and face paced office environment.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
1.) Accounts Payable:
Carry out bills and invoices from vendors and suppliers in a specified time frame.
Verifying accuracy, approvals and account coding
Checks and associated reports should be prepared timely as required by the Finance Director
Pre-authorized payments should be maintained per 30 days.
Enter and update records of checks cashed, Demand drafts or invoices to accounting software regularly.
Respond to vendor inquiries till satisfaction as required.
2.) Accounts Receivable:
Prepare and submit customer invoices
Code, Post and receipt payments
Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
Perform all necessary account, bank, and other reconciliations
Assist the Finance Director with Daily operational duties
Preparing and maintaining a list of over dues and transferring it to Director of Finance for adjustments, write- off or collections.
Attending to the needs of client or payer and satisfying inquiries as required.
3.) Making collection calls to clients on past due invoices to set up payment schedules
4.) Reconciliations on multiple accounts as needed
5.) Clerical and various other tasks as assigned by management/Controller.
Experience, Skills, and Educational Position Requirements:
- 2+ years of processing and maintaining AR/AP
- Experienced performing Reconciliations and a General ledger
- College degree preferred in Accounting; High School Diploma and/or 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Business-to-Business experience, office solutions or copy industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and verbal skills
- Strong work ethic; positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Detail Oriented and strong time management with the ability to prioritize and complete follow-up
- A sense of urgency and importance in all work matters with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Will consider candidates that can work only part-time hours
- Full-time availability preferred
- Please apply today for consideration and include your desired salary
- Comprehensive benefits package offered to all Full-time employees