450 S. Orange Ave Ste 900 Orlando, FL 32801 | Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a Staff Accountant for a Full-Time, Direct Hire Opportunity!
Responsible for the maintenance of general ledgers and the timely preparation of financial statements and supporting work papers. Assist with special projects as necessary.
What are the requirements?
-1+ year of accounting and GL experience
-Strong journal entry experience (GL)
-Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
-Strong Excel (they live in Excel)
-Accounting software knowledge, preferably Oracle
What are the primary duties and responsibilities of the Staff Accountant?
- Maintain the complete set of books for the company, subsidiaries, as well as, any additional newly-formed entities
- Analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Assist with bank reconciliation process for various entities
- Transaction coding and/or review of transaction coding of entries to be posted to the general ledger, including invoices
- Manage the split funded / developer finance and development process. This will include maintaining a working knowledge of each of the projects under construction (to include rent reconciliations, capitalized interest and accrued work in process)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end work papers that support financial statements
- Review land closing statements for accuracy and completeness and record transactions into Oracle projects system
- Prepare various reports/spreadsheets relating to projects under development
- Preparation of certain covenants as required by lending institutions
- Assist with various SOX requirements as needed, this may include managing request lists for both internal and external auditors, updating process documentation and facilitating quarterly surveys
- Assist with accounting requirements as it relates to leasing activity (lease amendments, renewals, consumer price index increases)
- Prepare various reports and spreadsheets for management
- Preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end audit work papers for various subsidiary companies
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Able to work 40 – 45 hours per week with additional hours for peak work periods such as year-end, the end of each quarter during the preparation of 10-Qs and other projects
What are the benefits?
Eligible for benefits 30 days after the first date of hire. Health, Dental, Vision and more!
Competitive compensation package with a strong bonus potential!!
Apply today!! For immediate consideration please send your resume to email@example.com or by uploading your resume to this job post.