Accountant II - HOA
8505 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, Florida 34747 | Direct Hire
We are seeking an Accountant II for our client in Kissimmee, Florida to assist in the HOA division. Very collaborative/team-oriented environment!
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with excellent benefits
The person in this role will oversee the accuracy of the monthly financial reporting, including but not limited to actuals vs. budget. Work with business partners to develop plans and analyze data as it relates to budgeting, forecasting, labor and other business performance measures. Creates financial tools to assist business leaders in making economic and business decisions to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the company and HOA.
- Assist with the monthly closing of the general ledger, including review and analysis of monthly results, generation of judgmental closing adjustments.
- Reviews and monitors General Ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis associated with the HOA accounting area.
- Directs monthly financial and operational analysis.
- Provides audit schedules and work papers to enable outside auditors to assess the year end results.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and prepares input based on key operating indicators provided.
- Provides input on key change initiatives in accounting and financial reporting aimed at providing the HOA with better service in the most cost-effective manner. Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly, including recommendations regarding cost savings.
- Participates in the preparation of studies, reports and analyses in areas such as forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts for HOA operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business area required.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies to include but not limited to Excel, SQL, Crystal, Business Objects
- MBA or relevant graduate degree a plus
- MS Dynamics Knowledge/Experience a plus
- Timeshare / Hospitality industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies to include but not limited to Excel, SQL, Crystal, Business Objects (proficiency in MS Dynamics is a plus)
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral), as well as strong presentation skills.
- Understanding of reconciliation processes and controls
- Must be willing to work in a team oriented and dynamic environment.
- Minimum Intermediate level user in Excel and Access.
- Candidate must possess the ability to make recommendations and formulate solutions as it relates to creating efficiencies. Ability to work with the Senior Management to strategize and plan to insure completion of Departmental Goals and Objectives
- Ability to perform detailed and complex analysis
- May require some travel