78 3rd Street Winter Garden, FL 34787
Tews Company is looking for an AP Manager with a solid foundation and understanding of accounting principles!
The ideal AP Manager has fresh 3-5 years of experience as a Staff Accountant. The candidate will need to be okay with opening mail, heavy data entry, but also being “THE” AP person. The candidate will receive 2-4 weeks of hands-on training.
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable)
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Determine and accrue for any sales tax payable on applicable invoices
- Record and maintain all 1099 information
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed by management
- A minimum of an AA degree in Accounting; will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience to include heavy accounts payables
- Costing or inventory experience as it relates to AP
- QuickBooks experience
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Strong aptitude to learn and grow in a role
- Manufacturing experience
- Advanced Excel skills
Highly competitive compensation and benefits package!
Family-owned, laid-back and faith-based company! They have monthly luncheons, practicing strong culture to include newsletters, surveys, questionnaires, etc.