Student Services Coordinator
Maitland, Florida | Contract To Hire
The Student Services Coordinator is a position for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals to experience an entrepreneurial, values-driven culture within a rapidly growing business driven by societal and educational trends. The employee will build and maintain close relationships with students from registration through graduation, communicating with them on a regular basis and resolving any issues to ensure satisfaction and academic success. He/she will also coordinate efforts with instructors, tech support and financial aid on student’s behalf.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides effective service to new, continuing and resuming students by developing and implementing highly proactive outreach services with particular attention paid to retention and student success. Monitors student performance, analyzes problem areas, determines solutions and conducts intervention activities and processes.
- Identifies and successfully resolves student concerns through prompt problem resolution, coaching, tutorial remedies designed to improve student retention and other strategies to meet campus benchmarks and goals.
- Responsible for handling incoming service-related questions or concerns for students, eliminating delays that impede student success.
- Ensures timely turnaround of services, meeting established service level agreements.
- Follows contact strategies on an ongoing basis to maintain a relationship with students.
- Coordinates marketing programs and mailings.
- Leads students through registration process.
- Delivers student orientation sessions.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of outreach services in Support Force and other reporting tools.
- Provides regular activity and audit reports.
- Actively participates in development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Ability to relate well with others and perform duties with a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and adherence to professional ethical standards
- High level of customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and high level of attention to detail
- Encompass creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and/or time limitations
- Knowledge of academic policies and procedures, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred, but not required
- Must have good command of the English language, in both oral and written form
Long Term Contract Role - Bachelor Degree Required