Sr. Software Engineer
Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Tews Company has an exciting opportunity for a senior level Software Engineer.
Our client, a technology firm based in Orlando, is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth. We are looking for collaborative developers.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading edge software, loves learning new and emerging technologies, and is driven to help build a successful SaaS product used by thousands of happy businesses.
The Engineer is primarily responsible for the ongoing design, development and operation of our Ruby on Rails based benefits administration platform.
- Drive new features through full the development cycle from requirements all the way through release
- Managing the development of a product and/or feature by collaborating with other team members
- Writing technical requirements from business requirements
- Writing new code and refactoring existing code
- Provide application support to our QA/Support staff
- 8+ years of commercial software development experience
- 4 year technical degree preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of at least one technology stack
- Writing useful and effective unit and integration tests
The following skills are a bonus but not required:
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Enterprise Application experience
- SOLID, OOP, OOD, Application Architecture, Data Modeling, TDD
- Bootstrap 3.0 CSS conventions