Sr. Project Manager
Orlando, Florida | Contract
Tews Company is looking for a senior level Project Manager to play a key role in a large Payroll implementation project. The consultant must have been in a Project Management role on a cloud based payroll implementation. Must be able to understand and speak to industry trends in Payroll including cloud products and solutions. Global experience would be a plus.
Technical and Implementation Skills:
• Experience with software methodology development processes and cloud products
• Experience with HR self-service tools to include mobile solutions
• Knowledge and ability to use requirements gathering tools
• Support or lead requirements sessions
• Write or validate requirements
• Map processes into ongoing operating model
• Understand ongoing operating model and challenge requested custom functionality and offering alternative solutions
- Provide Best Practice perspective on Payroll processing (global would be ideal)
- Understand and speak to industry trends in Payroll including cloud products and solutions
- Overall understanding of Payroll and Post Payroll process flows from the point of data capture through gross to net calculation to include processing or analyzing complex payments, processing noncash fringe benefits/awards and related gross up, garnishments, tax withholding calculations and calculating workups for overpayments and retroactive pay from a payroll perspective and/or general perspective
- Understands legislative updates and assess impact to programs, including writing and executing testing procedures to ensure changes are appropriate and function as intended
- Understand and speak to compliance and audit Payroll requirements
- Solid knowledge of state and local tax requirements
- Strong Subject Matter Expert in Payroll Operations and/or Payroll Outsourcing
- Champion standard practices and process improvement opportunities
- Look for opportunities to improve operating efficiencies
- Drive effective cost management practices
- Lead process improvements for existing processes and support creation of new processes with emphasis on up/down stream impacts.
- Ensure process documentation is current and accurate
- Manage to complete project plan milestones.
- Direct work activities related to projects
- Provide status reports on project assignments
- Assist in post project QA and knowledge management.
- Consult/collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to ensure alignment on priorities and projects
- Understand and/or establish project management controls to ensure performance objectives are met
- Establish oversight processes to ensure performance objectives are met
- Initiate corrective action plans to ensure recovery
- Understand and analyze impact of changing priorities and balance resources appropriately
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years of professional work experience in Human Resources Outsourcing or related field
- 3-5 years functional project management experience