Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Tews Company has a Programmer position open with a growing company in central Florida. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains and enhances the VB.NET, C#, C++ and Visual Basic 6.0 codebase(s) for the organization's products.
- Responsible for integrating bug fixes, enhancements, and new features for updates and releases.
- Ensures backward-compatibility, ease of use and a high degree of fault-tolerance.
- Responsible for promoting code changes from base version to future releases. Manages versioning and updates, maintaining clear, concise and complete in-code comments and written documentation of changes as they occur.
- Provides escalation support for Client Services calls promoted to Technical Support regarding products and projects for which s/he is responsible.
- Identifies, clarifies and gathers information concerning customer issues.
- Resolves known issues with customer, and analyzes and attempts to duplicate new issues under Development conditions.
- May be called upon to propose resolution for new issues. Maintains clear, complete and concise notes of all customer contacts and actions.
- Works closely with other members of the Development team to constantly improve the value, stability and ease of use of the organization's products.
- Works with other company staff to test, review and document enhancements and fixes in all products and services, as needed.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellence in customer service.
- Maintains highest possible customer satisfaction level.
- Responds quickly, professionally and appropriately to customer issues as they arise.
- Interacts with other members of the Development Team and other staff in a professional, courteous and constructive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Maintains flexibility and proactive attitude in a fast-paced and fluid environment, in a rapidly growing company.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or computer-related field and one year experience or equivalent mix
- of education and experience.
- Experience in developing commercial end-user Windows software, using current tools and
- paradigms (i.e. Object Oriented Programming).
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High proficiency in VB.NET, C#, C++ and Visual Basic 6.0 development languages. Windows API
- knowledge desirable.
- Ability to understand and follow coding standards and styles defined by EnableSoft.
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills. Must be able to think ‘outside of the box’, and
- implement solutions.
- Ability to make a significant contribution to a diverse professional team, with a focus on achieving
- goals and exceeding customer expectations.
- Aptitude and ability to learn new software with minimal programmed training required. (i.e.,
- ability to ask questions).
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to convey complex technical concepts and
- procedures clearly and concisely to non-technical end-users.
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with customers, co-workers and the public.
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Ability to operate standard office desktop software, and specialized applications (i.e. Foxtrot).
- Familiarity with mainframe/midrange operations, networking or other related fields desirable.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow complex oral and written instructions and documents.
- Ability to represent EnableSoft, Inc. in public contact situations.
- Ability to work under pressure.