Senior Contract Analyst
Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Exciting new opportunity for a Critical Thinker who comes with ideas for process improvement. An experienced Manager with working knowledge of accounting principles.
Direct Hire Opportunity with a generous benefit package!
This position is responsible for executing negotiated contracts to ensure billing and payments are accurate within a corporate accounting department in support of efficient operations and company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all activities of independent contractor settlements and general accounting related to the processing of driver pay settlements.
- Work with the Finance leadership to develop policies & procedures related to the processing and administration of the settlement pay for the independent contractor drivers providing services.
- Design and develop exception reporting to improve effectiveness of the department
- Support negotiation of 3rd Party contract rates
- Maintain the general and subsidiary ledgers, including but not limited to cost of sales accounts and operating expenses related to courier expenses.
- Provide timely reconciliations between our transactional software system and the general ledger
- Prepare various financial statements and reports, including monthly variance analysis to plan and prior year.
- Develop analytical tools to highlight profit improvement opportunities
- Partner with operations management to improve local customer profit performance
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements, including but not limited to:
- Form 1099
- Audit requests
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials.
- Review financial statements with management personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and payroll.
- Assist in annual budget and periodic forecast processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accounting/Technical – Must have working knowledge of/familiar with end-to-end accounting process through month-end close and preparation of financial statements. Experience with Great Plains a strong plus. Must have excellent Excel skills. Must be very detail oriented with a strong commitment to accuracy and quality of data.
- Managing People – Must have supervisory experience and have successfully managed an accounting department.
- Cost Consciousness – Must be able to enforce company policies and budgets while maintaining a good working relationship with other departments.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, and completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives, organizes or schedules team tasks and objectives, develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to work additional hours if needed.
- BA/BS in accounting.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Must have supervisory experience and have successfully managed an accounting department.
- Must be a critical/analytical thinker
- BA/BS in accounting.