Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Orlando, FL 32801
The project accountant is responsible for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Authorize access to project accounts
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers
- Approve the write off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Additional duties as needed
· Computer Skills
Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity.
Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
· Personal Organization
Keeps information organized and accessible, maintains clean/functional work space, works systematically/efficiently, manages time well.
· Sense of Urgency
Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, meets deadlines.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
· AA or BS degree in Accounting or other business related major
· Working knowledge and experience using Accounting Softwares as well as Microsoft Office product
Duties and responsibilities would be completed either in our main office.
401K, Dental, Vision, Life, Medical