Patient Care Coordinator
Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Specialty Pharmacy in North Orlando has an immedate opening for a Patient Care Coordinator. Successful candidate will have previous experience within specialty pharmacy.
Provides customer service to patients, physicians and staff by reviewing patient profiles and scheduling deliveries of patient’s medication. Individual must be team oriented and work well with others.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
May include any task necessary to improve the process flow and provide better customer service to the external and internal customer. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides customer service to the internal and external customer by making and receiving inbound and outbound calls for delivery of medications. Must be able to sit for long periods of time to perform duties.
2. Assists in faxing and/or calling physician office’s regarding refill requests.
3. Reviews all notes prior to delivery confirmation from the last delivery confirmation to ensure proper communication with the patient and physician office.
4. Review of HIPAA standards.
5. Schedules deliveries of medication in a timely manner to ensure compliance with patient’s treatment.
6. Document in the appropriate system all needed information, indicating correct ship date and shipping address.
7. Reviews for accuracy. (Addresses, Medication Shipping, Refills on file, Authorization on file, Collection of Patient’s co-pay.)
8. Notifies RPh/Rn with any patient side effect and/or request from the customer.
9. Completes “variances” when indicated and report to the PCC manager with appropriate documentation.
10. Confirm form of payment information (Credit Card, Debit Card, Etc.)
11. Charges credit card/debit card as needed for all Major Medical and Self Pay patients.
12. Sends “Status Updates” to physician office’s when appropriate and informs the Nursing and Sales Associate teams of the issue at hand.
13. Tracking Packages with UPS and ensuring patient receives medication in a timely manner and stability is intact.
14. Solves issues that arise in a timely manner; documenting all relevant information on the patient’s record.
15. Liaison between other departments within the company and the patients.
16. Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- ?Minimum of a high school diploma with some advanced education preferred. One to two years related experience in pharmacy/medical office and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1-2 years’ experience with the following disease states that Kroger provides but not limited to: Hepatitis, Oncology, Multiple Sclerosis, Arthritis, HIV/AIDS, Growth Hormone, etc. or other related experience.