Medical Biller/Coder Specialist
Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Exciting opportunity to work with a wonderful team and give back to a devoted non-profit located in Downtown Orlando.
Seeking candidates with direct experience in Revenue Cycle Management!
Direct Hire with a competitive benefit package!
Medical Biller and Coder is responsible for managing all of Organization’s insurance and Medicaid compliance for direct-billing services (primarily applied behavioral analysis (ABA) therapy services). The position is independently responsible for understanding both the rules and regulations for insurance and Medicaid billing, as well as the procedures and processes employed by operational programs, to ensure that insurance companies and Medicaid are properly billing in compliance with said rules and regulations. This position is also the application specialist for the billing software.
- Medical billing, coding and collections
- Overseeing and work with insurance payers through claim processing to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- Ensures all claims followed up promptly, including insurance denials, and rebilled appropriately.
- Works all claim appeals appropriately, and follow-up on outstanding balances promptly
- Submit claims on a weekly basis using electronic claims software.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD 9/10 codes.
- Post payments to accounts.
- Collect delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Follow-up on insurance denials and submit corrected claims.
- Work with administrative staff to ensure authorizations secured prior to time of service.
- Ability to establish, implement and administer billing policies and procedures in compliance with insurance and Medicaid regulations.
- Work with VP-IT to optimize software tools to facilitate timeliness of claims and payments.
- Protect patient and employee privacy by keeping information confidential.
- Certified in Medical Coding and Billing through accredited program.
- 3-5 year Medical billing, coding and collections experience.
- Experience with My Avatar software a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Coding: 3 years
- Medical Billing: 3 years