Job Cost Accountant
Maitland, Florida | Direct Hire
Established, well-known construction company located in Maitland is adding to their team. In search of experienced job cost accountants!!
Candidate will coordinate with project managers and management the processing of job related payables and receivables.
- Input and track all job cost related payables.
- Review and input all subcontractor pay applications and their related schedules of values. Input and prepare monthly owner draws and related schedules of values.
- Collect and maintain notice to owner documentation and related lien releases.
- Set up and maintain project files.
- Work with project managers in obtaining necessary information to generate on time monthly cost reports.
- Participate in monthly project review meetings in looking for ways to increase client satisfaction, improve efficiency and improve profitability.
- Interact with subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, clients, governmental agencies, etc. Must be courteous, professional and diplomatic in dealing with external contacts.
- Prepare special reports and complete other projects as directed by the Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of 4 years accounting experience in the construction industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be a team player and a self-starter!
- Knowledge of Windows environment, MS Outlook, Word, and intermediate knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Experience with project accounting software required.